In early days , Facebook has introduced a new feature — the Facebook Profile Guard . Now this feature will restrict others from downloading or saving the profile pictures of their Facebook friends .
Now, in this post, we guide you, how to use Facebook Profile guard and protect your profile picture.
This new feature helps secures your Facebook profile picture by not letting others (Read, Facebook strangers) take screenshots of it, add tags of their own or share it in any way.
Method -1 :
Refresh your News Feed, and you may see a message (pictured below), prompting you to Help Protect Your Profile Picture. if you already using this method. Then you cannot see this option.
- Tap Turn On Profile Picture Guard
- You will then see a screen explaining the benefits of the Profile Picture Guard
- Click Next
- You will then see your current profile photo, complete with the shield symbol, with the option to Save
Method 2 :
- Open your Facebook profile.
- Tap your profile photo
- You will then see the option (pictured below) to Turn on profile picture guard
- If selected, you will get the option to Save, and then see your profile photo with the shield symbol
No new feature is without its share of limitations and bugs, and the Profile Picture Guard is no different. Theoretically, it doesn’t let you download, save, add tags or take a screenshot of the profile picture.
However, the screenshot limitations seem to work only in some situations. While at times it did show me the message “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy”, at times, I could take a screen grab quite easily without any fuss.